Open design collaboration between architects and engineers
Building Information Modeling has created unprecedented potential for design collaboration between Architects and Engineers. With intelligent, model-based workflows between the different trades, coordination errors can be reduced to virtually zero. ArchiCAD offers architects industry-first open design collaboration workflows with leading engineering solutions worldwide.
ArchiCAD is a comprehensive application that offers a wide range of functions that are meant to meet the necessities of all professionals.
Enriched details to modeling construction elements, better 3D visualization, enhanced 2D drafting, improved handling of libraries and library parts, and refined user interactions are all included in the impressive list of productivity improvements.
The results are faster and more polished design and documentation workflows with improved communication capabilities both with clients and consultants, making ArchiCAD the premier BIM solution for architects worldwide.
Here are some key features of "ArchiCAD":
Shadows in Open GL 3D View:
· ArchiCAD greatly improves in-model visualization with shadow casting in 3D OpenGL views. Live 3D views of the BIM model in addition to being work-views also become a standard basis for communicating the design intent with clients.
Extended Options for Doors & Windows:
· ArchiCAD offers users increased control over model-based sections and details of doors and windows. An extended set of Reveal and Wall Closure setting options make creation of refined details a fully automatic process.
Dimension Text Prefix & Suffix:
· Model-based annotation is key to an effective BIM workflow. Custom prefixes & suffixes added to associative dimensions - while keeping their real measured values - can boost documentation productivity by an order of magnitude.
Improved Handling of Schedules:
· ArchiCAD introduces standard spreadsheet editing techniques to improve productivity in Schedule and Index windows. Quantity take-offs can now be exported to Excel with graphical information included for WYSIWYG results.
Direct Import of Site-Survey Data:
· Site survey data coming directly from theodolites can now be imported into ArchiCAD with a single click. XYZ coordinates automatically convert into an ArchiCAD Mesh element providing an accurate 3D model of the environment.
Free download on link below: