Archiving tool with a graphical user interface.
BetterZip is an archiving tool with a graphical user interface.
If you only need a few files or folders from a larger archive, you don't have to extract the whole thing and remove all the unneeded files. Simply drag the files you need from the BetterZip window to any Finder window or the desktop.
BetterZip can open archives without first extracting them which is fast, really fast. Then search for a file with the search box like in iTunes. BetterZip can open and extract archives with the most common formats: ZIP, TAR, GZip, BZip2, RAR, 7-Zip, CPIO, ARJ, LZH/LHA, CAB, ISO, and CHM.
Just drag files and folders from all around your hard drives, disks, or network places into your new zip file. You no longer have to copy all the files into a temporary folder first. When you are ready save the archive and everything is packed together.
BetterZip can split large archives into smaller parts. BetterZip can protect your data with a password and create WinZip compatible AES-256 encrypted archives. 7-zip and rar archives can also be protected with strong data encryption.
Here are some key features of "BetterZip":
· It lets you quickly inspect archives without first extracting its contents.
· Easily add or extract files with Drag & Drop.
· Delete files from archives.
· Make archives compatible with Windows and Linux systems.
· Currently supported formats: zip, tar, gzip, bzip2.
What's New in This Release:
· Tar archives couldn't be opened reliably on Mac OS X 10.6.
· Header encryption was dropped when re-saving a header encrypted archive.
DOWNLOAD (4.70 MB)